Commissioning a portrait is an exciting and enjoyable process that will provide you with a personalized work of fine art to enjoy for a lifetime. A custom designed work of fine art makes a wonderful gift for special occasions, and will become a family heirloom cherished by future generations.
“A portrait is one of the most personal and emotional pieces of art that people will ever own. I take that responsibility very seriously. Nothing is more satisfying to me than bringing a portrait to life for the people who will cherish it.” — Rita Romero
B.Peralta, San Francisco, CA
“I’m so amazed by her work that I will never go to anyone else for custom paintings. This super talent will one day be discovered, and to think, I’ll have some of her work already!”
J.Faison., San Francisco, CA
“Rita, Words cannot express the amazing, amazing work that you do…. This is my 5th piece that you have done for me and each piece is priceless. My sister, unlike me broke down in tears but made me promise not to post the photo on Facebook of her in tears. Everyone that sees your work is amazed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
M.Blaszyk, San Francisco, CA
“We really love the portrait. The kids have been fighting over who is going to get it.”
Oil paintings are rendered by the artist on stretched archival linen or board, and will be ready to frame. Oil paintings take a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks to complete, depending on complexity and to allow for drying time.
Oil Portrait Fees
The prices below are for the finished portrait with a plain background, and ready to frame. Portrait prices are based on amount of work to be done – not based on size – and include applicable local sales tax. Shipping within continental U.S. will be added to total cost.
• For each additional figure, add 50% of initial fee. Discounts are available for large families (4+).
• For pets in same portrait, add 25% per pet.
• Individual pet portraits are available upon request – fees and sizes are same as people.
• Sizes and fees are approximate and will be adjusted based on number of subjects, special props, and complexity of background.
• Special background, costume or props – add 30% of price.
• Fees listed above are for the artwork only and do not include travel expenses, framing or shipping.
Oil Portrait Process
In creating a portrait, I prefer working from life or my own reference photographs. On rare occasions I am able to work from a client’s photograph(s) if the quality is adequate or if the subject is not available.
- Contact the artist.
- I will make an appointment to meet/talk with you to discuss your ideas about what you would like in the portrait and where it will hang. At that time, I can also arrange to take some reference photos when the subject(s) are available.
- For multiple figure portraits, the figures do not all have to be in the same reference photo, as I can compose individual images into one portrait.
- In my studio I will do a color sketch of the proposed portrait and send you a digital image for your feedback, and approval to move forward or make necessary changes.
- When the final image is agreed on, I will send you an invoice using PayPal for a 30% deposit. This deposit is nonrefundable to cover materials and initial work.
- I will send you a digital photo of the portrait when it is finished by e-mail attachment for your approval, along with a Portrait Proof form. This is your chance to suggest any changes. If you are satisfied with the photo of the portrait, just sign the Portrait Proof form and send it back to me. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied, please clearly state the reason for your dissatisfaction on the Portrait Proof form. I will address your concerns, make any necessary changes, and send you a second proof with for your approval.
- Oil portraits require at least 4 weeks (6 weeks is best) to allow for proper drying time (to avoid cracks).
- Your portrait will be shipped/delivered to you only after you have approved the final digital image.
- Upon approval of the final portrait, I will send you an invoice using PayPal for the balance of the portrait fee.
- When you receive your portrait, you still have 30 days to return the painting for further adjustments or a full refund (less any shipping costs).
- Additional changes will require additional time for drying.
- When you are satisfied with the portrait, I will make arrangements for a final varnish of the painting to protect it. Then it can be framed and hung.
Secure Payment for Portrait Orders
We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal payments. For your security, we do not handle or store your credit card information. Credit or debit card payments are processed securely by PayPal. The artist will email you an invoice that you can pay with a credit or debit card through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to make a payment with a credit or debit card. Installment payments are also available. Payment via check or money order is also accepted.
100% Money Back Guarantee
All original art by Rita Romero is created with the highest quality materials. Your portrait is unconditionally guaranteed for 30 days after you receive it. If you are not 100% delighted with your portrait, the artist will make any changes necessary until you are satisfied, or you get a full refund of the purchase price less shipping costs.
For more information or to commission artwork please contact the artist